Week 8 Part A

 

  1. Does Instagram seem effective for them?
For self-help authors, speakers, and influencers such as I aspire to become, visual mediums of expression are not only beneficial, they are required.  I don't see social media as an accessory to my business, since my entire business is built upon a digital foundation.  My books are completely digital until Amazon prints them and delivers them to the customers for me, my courses are all provided digitally.
  1. What hashtags are they using?
    For the people that I follow, a lot of them use a common catchphrase hashtag once per week or so, and use other hashtags sparingly.  I think Instagram hashtag use is more important since there is no share feature.  The people I follow on twitter don't use hashtags.
  2. How many followers do they have?
    Tony Robbins has Millions of followers, as does Les Brown.  Stefan James has just under 100,000 followers.
  3. How often do they post?
    Several times per day.
  4. What type of content gets the most response?
    It is kind of hard to answer this question since IG removed the public like counts.  From the comments sections though, it looks like people really engage well with video content.
  5. When was their last post made?
    invariably, today.
  6. What is the proportion of followers in relation to the number of likes they receive on a typical post?
    I can't see their likes counts.  What I would guess though, knowing what I know about algorithms is that their following counts will be in direct proportion to the amount of likes they get.  Another important factor will be how often they produce content and how engaging that content is.
  7. Do they receive many comments?
    Thousands.
  8. What are they doing that could help improve your own use of this media?
    Sheer volume.  They also are famous individuals which certainly doesn't hurt.  I'm working on producing name recognition myself.
  9. Wrap up this research by listing some hashtags that might work well for your business. Also discuss what you learned overall from this research.
    #discipline #decisions #drive are the three words from my catchphrase "Discipline Decision Drive".  I think that they are each very relevant to my brand.  
I learned that it is all a game of numbers, consistency, and patience.  Stefan James for example, was a "nobody" 10 years go, now he has global name recognition.  I'll get there through Discipline, Decision, and Drive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post.

Blog Post Week 2 Part B:

Week 9 Part A: Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts & Webinars