Week 9 Part A: Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts & Webinars

I'm going to write about this from two different angles this week because this is a topic I have a little insight on through experience.


First the blogging:

I had a job for around a year and a half to create SEO friendly blog articles for a business in Texas.  It was also my responsibility to ensure the company maintained the #1 ranking for various keywords on Google.  Sometimes it was an easy job, other times competitors would hire someone and I would have to battle with them for Google dominance.  

The company that I worked for was a photo booth manufacturer and sold online courses.  The online courses were the training required for people to become entrepreneurs who rented photo booths to weddings, parties, events, etc.  As you can imagine, COVID completely ravaged this industry, which left me without a job rather quickly.

What I learned from blogging was that many customers really appreciate a personal touch.  Not only was it important that we rank on google, but that the content really be on brand, and make our customers feel good in various ways.  I would add success stories, trends, and even stuff that was going on in the main office in Dallas.

It was all very effective.  We tried to pivot with COVID, but it just wasn't possible.


Second angle:  Twitter

I loooove Twitter.  I think that it is by far the most powerful platform, and worth marketing every day.  The reason for that is that it gives you a completely intimate relationship with your customers.

When Elon Musk was the richest man in the world one day he tweeted:  "Well this is weird."

I'm convinced that the only reason Tesla Motors is doing so well is because of Elon's tweets.  He is also sending the cryptocurrency dogecoin soaring in price because of his tweets.

This isn't an isolated case either.

Slim Jim, the beef jerky company maintains an account that markets very intimately with it's customers.  It shares it's opinions on different trends and happenings.  It is amazing.  It personifies the brand, and connects people in a way that isn't possible on other platforms.

I also have a following over on Twitter.  I have actually only build it recently, but am investing in advertising to grow it very quickly.  I have some products and services I would like to sell and I think Twitter is the best platform there is for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post.

Blog Post Week 2 Part B:

Week1 PartB Blogs I Commented On